From the Rocky Mountains to the World's Top Golf Destinations
Founded in 1876 in the Argyll Arms Hotel, the club was originally known as Kintyre Golf Club. In 1879, the club sought out Old Tom Morris to extend from 12 holes to 18. New land was purchased and the first hole was moved to its current location and is recognised as one of the greatest opening golf holes in the world! In 1897 caddies were supplied at the course, to allow members to enjoy a round without carrying all their clubs and perhaps to speed up play due to the high numbers of players at that time.
Gotta like the no glove and the choke down grip!